Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cà Phê Mình Rót Cho Nhau

The Coffee We Poured
Sóng Việt-Ðàm Giang

Introduced and Translated by Thomas D. Le

The fragrance of love, the swirling steam, and the warmth that mingles with our breath. That, sweetheart, is the coffee we pour each other amidst variegated spring flowers, through the luminous summer days, while holding hands in the soft autumn drizzle, and huddled together against the gloomy winter cold.
Each season we make coffee our indissoluble bond; each day we make coffee our unbreakable ritual. How can I forget the moments we spent by each other's side, over the hot coffee, your arms around me, your eyes twinkling with happiness, and your laughs so vibrant with joy? I cherish those supreme moments of togetherness, and still bask in the glow of your radiant face.
As each day dawns I come to you with a rosebud in hand, an affectionate heart, and a cup of coffee that we share. More than just a brew, our coffee keeps us warm, together, and secure. Did you not say how comfortable you felt with me, and how thrilled you were with my touch that you call magic? That is, sweetheart, because the coffee I make is the daily love potion you want for us. Now and forever.


Cà Phê Mình Rót Cho Nhau

Cà phê anh rót cho em
Cho ta cùng uống những ngày đầu xuân
Cà phê em rót cho anh
Cho ta cùng uống nhưng ngày hè vui
Cà phê thơm ngát hương thu
Cho nhau hơi ấm những ngày hàn đông.
Anh nhớ măi, mắt nhung huyền yêu dấu
Êm như thơ, như mặt nước hồ thu
Anh còn nhớ những phút giờ êm ái
Em với anh quấn quýt tay trong tay.
Anh còn nhớ tiếng em cười em rộn rã
Vui như oanh ca hát đón mừng xuân
Anh còn nhớ những nụ hôn nồng cháy
Mắt long lanh thiết tha trong tình say.
Anh đến với em,
với hoa hồng sáng sớm
Với cà phê, trong tình thắm vạn niên.
Anh đến bên em,
với tim nồng máu thắm
Và tình yêu bất diệt không phôi pha.

Sóng Việt
Hè 2003

The Coffee We Poured

The coffee that I poured for you, my dear,
Let's drink it up to those budding spring days.
The coffee that you poured for me, my dear,
Let's drink it up to merry summer days.
The fragrance that graces the autumn brews
Warms up our hearts through those cold winter hues.
I will fore'er hold your lovely soft eyes
As sweet poems reflect the autumn lake.
I still recall those fond moments of days
When you and I unite in tight embrace.
I'll always remember your lively laughs
Echo the oriole's spring song with grace.
And I love those burning kisses of yours
That make your eyes shine in ecstatic bliss.
I came to you gently, my sweetheart dear,
Dainty rosebud in hand this morning clear,
And this coffee for our eternal love.
I came to you my cherished darling dear,
With my blood-red seething heart full of love,
Undying tenderness year after year.

18 August 2003

No comments: